Monday, March 28, 2011

Kiva: microfinancing towards development



I have been involved for a while now with an organization called KIVA, which facilitates micro loans to entrepreneurs in developing countries via the internet. I strongly advocate investing within African and Caribbean economies instead of the current system of reliance on foreign aid, which perpetuates the neocolonial dominance of these economies by the West... and now the East (China and India). Plus those who benefit most from this aid aren't the ordinary people but the politicians, their families, associates and members of their tribal group... and of-course the non-governmental aid agencies for whom poverty and despair is big business.

I decided to "put my money where my mouth is" by investing in entrepreneurs who are working to provide a better life for themselves, their families and their communities. There are many worthwhile enterprises to be supported, so I encourage you to get involved. These are the projects I am currently supporting:
  1. Chaka Dembélé
  2. Jared Mangaa Oimeke
  3. Assurance De Phaeton Group

No comments:

Post a Comment