Saturday, January 29, 2011

sat'day riddymz

I read a review on the new R. Kelly albumn "Love Letters" which claimed it was his best work in years. It was officially released last December 2010. I hadn't even heard of it and I'm a big Robert fan, although I was extremely disappointed in his sex tape fiasco with underage girls a few years back. I have to admit I've been conflicted about him since then, because I love his music and I consider him to be a gifted song writer in the same vein of a Marvin Gaye. However, no doubt he used his celebrity status to take advantage of young impressionable girls.

The reviewer stated this it was his most "adult" work in years. I took a listen and was very impressed. It has that cool vintage R&B sound throughout, with classy love themes as opposed to the oversexed, raunchy and immature themes of his previous works. Can someone explain "Trapped in the closet" to me please!? Anywayzzz...         

No comments:

Post a Comment