Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday chat with Dad

Hey Dad, long time no speak. I have no excuse 'cause you're always available to chat. I get so caught up with my life that although I know you're there, I forget sometimes to take a moment to connect with you.

It's sad when you really think about it. I have my daily routines all scheduled... time to wake up, get the boy off to daycare (or to sports on the weekends), get to work, my coffee and lunch breaks, my meetings, my gym time, dinnertime, family time, bath time for the boy, story time, tv time, personal time, date night, time for friends, church time, bed time, etc. Then I do it all over again, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. In the moment, each activity appears to be the priority, so I very often forget, or worse, neglect our time... together.

So let me begin... by not saying "sorry"... but by saying "thank you"... thank you for not forgetting about me... thank you for looking out for me... thank you for caring and providing for me and my family... thank you for health and strength... thank you for peace of mind... thank you for a loving wife... thank you for a healthy, energetic son... thank you for bringing good people into my life... thank you for my job... thank you for loving me as I am... thank you for right now.

I know it's not your style to put pressure on me to promise to do better. But you do expect me to do better... be better... day by day.

It's the wish of every son to make his Dad proud.

It's the wish of every Dad to have a moment to chat with his son.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sentiments Carolyn.

    My earthly Father died in 2006 and unfortunately, we weren't close at all. We didn't communicate very much, especially once I became an adult.

    This post was a chat with my heavenly Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's so wonderful about Daddy is He is so forgiving! His other child who wasted his inheritance on riotous living came back after he came to his right mind and Daddy was watching afar off! With open arms, robe, sandals, ring and a big meat-filled party, He welcomed back his son!!!

    Our heavenly Father loves us so much, He's always ready to forgive and make a way for us.
    But once one starts having conversatios with Him, one will wonder how he/she could have done without the closeness, the inner wisdom, the peace that passes all understanding and companionship!

    We have a good Father!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asa, I am feeling this spot. I created SupremeUltimate for this reason, to be able to flow on another level. I will link this to my SupremeUltimate home. Flows from the Heart.

    ReplyDelete